Thursday, January 16, 2014

How to ReUse your Candle Jars

 
I love my Bath and Body Work Candles.
In fact, I love them so much I burn them until there is about 1/2 an inch left and then I save them so I can take a sniff at them when I want to smell something good. LOL! But I've come to realize that I'm starting to have too many almost empty candle jars taking up space.
What to do with them??
I've heard on YouTube how people reuse them to store things but I've always been too lazy to search for a video on how to remove the wax in fear that it would be too difficult or that it would take too many steps to remove the wax. However, since one of my goals for 2014 is about ORGANIZATION I decided to search for a couple of videos on YouTube to see how it's done and to my surprise it was really simple to do. I can't believe how long it took me to try this but if you are like me and have almost empty candle jars sitting around and are looking to be more organize or ideas on how to reuse them, than keep on reading and follow these easy steps down below:
 
  1. Boil some water
  2. Pour the hot water into your candle jar about 3/4 of the way
  3. Let it set over night
  4. Remove the wax (which at this point it should be floating on top of the water)
  5. If you still have some wax stuck to the bottom of the jar than get a butter knife (in my case I used the handle of a spoon, which worked fine ^_^) and poke it into the wax. This should break the wax apart and allow you to remove it easily from the jar. If the wick is still stuck on the bottom of the jar then just use your butter knife to lift & scrap it out. It shouldn't be stuck on there too hard by this time because the water had already loosen the glue.
  6. Use a dish sponge with soap to wash out your candle jar and remove any left over residue of the wax.
  7. Peel off the stickers on the side and bottom of the jar (which again should just come off easily at this point)
  8. You are DONE!!


 
This is how your candle jar(s) will look like when cleaned.
 

 
Mini, 3-Wick and Small candle jars
 
These are just some ideas of how I reused my candle jars.
I hope these easy steps will help out some of you who are looking to reuse your candle jars.
Trust me it's super easy and I can't wait to see what else I can do with them :)
 




No comments: